Let me be the first to say that I am ridiculous with this blogging thing. I start and I stop. Then I start again and I stop again. And again. And again. Well let's just keep this pattern going, because this mama is in need of a creative outlet before she bursts. Also, I could use a space to hold myself accountable for certain lofty upcoming goals. If you've read my stuff in the past, you'll be familiar with my tendency to overshare and set unrealistic goals for myself that I often don't realize. I like to think that's part of my charm and I don't plan on changing a thing, clearly.
To quickly recap where I am in my life:
- I am a mother to an absolute nut of a little toddler girl who I totally admire and if I'm honest, am a little bit scared of. Motherhood is intense and wonderful.
- I work full time at a company on Bainbridge Island called SOLIUS. Check it out. Follow us on instagram. Tell your friends about it.
- I live on said island and my husband, Damir, and we are building a house this coming year. Obviously I will be sharing more about that here. Here are the quick stats: ~2000 sq. ft., farmhouse-ish, I'm already planning the garden and we haven't even broken ground yet.
- I still have and adore Odin (dog), Loki (blind Slovenian cat), and Sofia (wild Slovenian cat) and the three of them plus the three of us are currently living with my parents to save money while we build. We are totally imposing on them but very grateful while we impose.
- Damir is still hot. And now he builds houses and can fix literally anything, which is even hotter.
Alright, let's see where this next round of blogging takes us, shall we?
P.S. I have been assured that Kenza (bug/sister) shall also be posting on occasion here. Everybody bug her to post. We'll need that biting wit around here.
Photo by Whitney Coudray Photography